Monday 2 December 2013

Quilts again & Model Kits

Well it was my Birthday 2 days ago and I got lots of awesome Doctor Who bits (god bless the 50th Anniversary being in November) I also got an INCREDIBLE War of The Worlds Alien Tripod model kit from the 2005 version of the movie that despite working on for two days I am making rather fast progress.

I can't do much else after working on the hips & legs because I am planning on lighting the head as since I am a complete newbie to this Its going to take some time, Below is a photo of the Progress I have made so far.


Whilst I am talking about crafty projects I am very proud to say I have completed The Art of Quilting, Well the first 90 issues, they have expanded it on an extra 50 to make a 2nd quilt that I am working on, I have only quilted about 10 blocks so far just to get a feel for stitch-in-the-ditch. My partner doesn't think I can do the entire quilt as my sewing machine isn't very wide. I think I agree with him and are only quilting 4 blocks in each corner of the quilt. 

Finally, My Nyan cat quilt is coming along nicely I have gotten together 4 sections of the quilt and waiting a fabric delivery before I can start on the 5th section, I laid out 3 pieces along the top that I have completed to get a feel for the size, I got to say its not as large as I thought it was going to be. See you next time 




No comments:

Post a Comment